It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 Seymour Regional
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:48 pm 
Legend

My top 5 players in the HHC. And I watched these kids multiple times last year.

1. Rome
2. Falkenstein
3. Gohmann
4. Barnes
5. Hunter

Hunter will be All State by his SR year. Same with Cobie.

Agreed on FC and Jeff. Both great teams that are stuck behind a super talented kid.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:41 am 
All-Star

patrick wrote:
I was saying I believe he is.

And I was agreeing with you. For the sake of argument, my top five would look like this:

1. Romeo Langford
2. Julien Hunter
3. Bailey Falkenstein
4. Sean East
5. Brayton Bailey

That would be one hell of a starting five.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:45 pm 
MVP

nahsdogs wrote:
patrick wrote:

And I was agreeing with you. For the sake of argument, my top five would look like this:

1. Romeo Langford
2. Julien Hunter
3. Bailey Falkenstein
4. Sean East
5. Brayton Bailey

Those are both good lists. It would be hard for me to leave Barnes out of the top 5. The games I've seen him (5 or 6 games) he hasn't had the best of games but being recruited by Indiana state, Evansville, Butler, as well as others speaks more than just a handful of games. I would like to see him start taking over games this yr.
They're all a level below Ro, that I think we can all agree on.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:17 pm 
MVP

Backdoorcut1 wrote:
1. Rome
2. Falkenstein
3. Gohmann
4. Barnes
5. Hunter

Agreed on FC and Jeff. Both great teams that are stuck behind a super talented kid.

Not a bad top five, but I do recall you being very impressed by Sean East after the sectional final last season- I think you referred to him as “nails”. Did he receive any consideration for your top five?

My list would look like this:
1. Ro
2. Falkenstein
3. Barnes
4. East
5. Hunter

With Brayton Bailey and Luke Gohmann receiving consideration.

On a side note, maybe I’m being a little oversensitive here (really, I probably am), but I find it interesting that FC and Jeff-who went a combined 8-6 in HHC play last season- are described as “great teams”, while NA- the four-time defending sectional/HHC champion- is merely a “super talented kid”. Yes, Romeo is probably the most gifted player in HHC history, but that shouldn’t diminish what the NA team has managed to achieve. If any team around here is great, it's NA. Have some respect.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:36 pm 
Legend

nahsdogs wrote:
patrick wrote:

1. Romeo Langford
2. Julien Hunter
3. Bailey Falkenstein
4. Sean East
5. Brayton Bailey

Bailey over Barnes? Wow. That's some serious bias. Barnes ate that kid alive. FC beat BNL by 45 pts. Get over yourself.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:38 pm 
Legend

NAtroll12 wrote:
Backdoorcut1 wrote:
1. Rome
2. Falkenstein
3. Gohmann
4. Barnes
5. Hunter

Not a bad top five, but I do recall you being very impressed by Sean East after the sectional final last season- I think you referred to him as “nails”. Did he receive any consideration for your top five?

My list would look like this:
1. Ro
2. Falkenstein
3. Barnes
4. East
5. Hunter

With Brayton Bailey and Luke Gohmann receiving consideration.

On a side note, maybe I’m being a little oversensitive here (really, I probably am), but I find it interesting that FC and Jeff-who went a combined 8-6 in HHC play last season- are described as “great teams”, while NA- the four-time defending sectional/HHC champion- is merely a “super talented kid”. Yes, Romeo is probably the most gifted player in HHC history, but that shouldn’t diminish what the NA team has managed to achieve. If any team around here is great, it's NA. Have some respect.

I could go with East over Hunter. Hunter has the higher ceiling over Gohmann, but Luke is better "right now." And although Falkenstein is a tremendous player, Barnes is the only kid in the area besides Langford that has a D-1 offer(Evansville.)

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:03 pm 
All-Star

Backdoorcut1 wrote:
Bailey over Barnes? Wow. That's some serious bias. Barnes ate that kid alive. FC beat BNL by 45 pts. Get over yourself.

I have been saying Bailey is better than Barnes for some time now and, as I have already demonstrated, the Indiana Basketball Coaches' Association agrees with me. Besides which, the two do not play the same position, Barnes being a forward and Bailey a point guard. So your assertion that Barnes "ate that kid alive" is almost certainly nonsense. Of course, you were not likely to know that, since I'm sure you were too busy with work to attend the game. We mustn't forget that Backdoor is the only person here who has a job, allowances must be made... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:52 pm 
Legend

nahsdogs wrote:
Backdoorcut1 wrote:

I have been saying Bailey is better than Barnes for some time now and, as I have already demonstrated, the Indiana Basketball Coaches' Association agrees with me. Besides which, the two do not play the same position, Barnes being a forward and Bailey a point guard. So your assertion that Barnes "ate that kid alive" is almost certainly nonsense. Of course, you were not likely to know that, since I'm sure you were too busy with work to attend the game. We mustn't forget that Backdoor is the only person here who has a job, allowances must be made... :roll:

That's because you are an idiot. Bailey is not his dad. I doubt he ever ends up at a D-1 school. Hes not even in a recruiting database and Barnes is. And yes, I was at the game. I watched Bailey shoot like 4-20. Not impressed at all.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:20 pm 
All-Star

Backdoorcut1 wrote:
That's because you are an idiot. Bailey is not his dad. I doubt he ever ends up at a D-1 school. Hes not even in a recruiting database and Barnes is. And yes, I was at the game. I watched Bailey shoot like 4-20. Not impressed at all.

This coming from a guy who has proven time and time again that he knows absolutely nothing about the game of basketball and rarely even bothers to watch a team he pretends to be fanatically devoted to. You are a wretched individual.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:30 pm 
Legend

nahsdogs wrote:
Backdoorcut1 wrote:

This coming from a guy who has proven time and time again that he knows absolutely nothing about the game of basketball and rarely even bothers to watch a team he pretends to be fanatically devoted to. You are a wretched individual.

Not only did I play at FC, I watched about 12 of their games last season. Go fuck yourself dude.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next